Saturday, April 5, 2014

Research around the world

I really enjoy learning about the early childhood issues, practices, and topics of focus from all parts of the world. It is good information to take in and use as I see suitable in my practice and development. I find that the topics and issues are so diverse yet at the same time so similar.

http://www.eecera.org/


After reviewing the website for the European Early Childhood Education Research Association (EECERA), I discovered that this association shares various subjects and concerns within the early childhood field that many European countries face. These include the child care business in England, challenges to academic rigor on the European education system, various areas of child development, parental influence, and character building in the child during early childhood. The three latter subjects are interesting in that I can apply them to the children in my room. My parents and co-workers can use this information to help them understand child development. There were also articles on child care in Africa and Norway. So the subjects covered regions other than in Europe. I am glad to know this website and will refer to it often in my studies and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment