Saturday, February 28, 2015

Best Wishes and Thanks!!

I am so excited and proud to have completed my Masters in Early Childhood Studies at Walden University. At the same time, I am also a little weirdly sad that it is over. I think it is because I have given so much of my energy, time, and self into my studies and I am deeply connected to them. It is bittersweet. Over these past two years, I have grown so much and gained so many new tools that I now use in my work and advocacy efforts for young children. I have met so many intelligent and nice people in this program. I loved learning form each of you. I now turn my thoughts to me as a skilled practitioner in the field. I have gained much more confidence in my decisions and knowledge of the Early Childhood field. Now, I practice and use it!
One huge thing I learned in my studies in how to be a leader. Before starting this program as an infant room teacher, I did not view myself as a leader. Now I am much more confident in the type of leader I want to be and how I can lead. To have this skill and the tools needed are invaluable to me. Another big thing I learned was how to network better in the field. I see much more clearly just how beneficial it is for my work. I also have a better understanding of how to do it specifically in my state and country. I have joined more EC organizations and started volunteer efforts in my state. It is amazing how many people I have met doing this. Another big thing I have learned is how deep my passions actually go. I am more passionate about my work and more dedicated to my advocacy efforts and duties. I feel more ready to face any issues I come across. This is priceless to me. These are the three biggest things I have gained in my studies during this program.

The instructors in these courses have been so informative and sweet. I definitely was challenged all along the way. I am thankful for all the feedback I received from my instructors. I especially love feedback on my papers and school work. I like constructive criticism and each one of my instructors provided that for me. I also was to thank my colleagues. I have learned a tremendous amount from you all. The new perspectives I gained because of your input and responses to my posts are invaluable to me. I would not have learned them if you had not responded and felt that I needed your advice so thank you. I wish you all the best in your new journeys as educators, leaders, and early childhood practitioners! Many Thanks!!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jalice,

    I to can not believe our time is over either and I find myself wandering what I will be doing with all my free time as well. One thing for sure is that I now have plenty of time and energy to apply what I have learned in the classroom with the children and families and become more involved with the community. Good luck in your future endeavors its been a pleasure learning with you.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jalice,
    I too can't believe that the time is gone so soon. I was just talking to my sister about how I am finish with my master and it will take up four weeks before I receive my degree in the mail. And she said it didn't take a long time to complete this course and I agreed. It is bittersweet but excited to have my master so I can apply for different jobs to become an adjunct teacher at my alumni school and even Jackson State University. Have a very successful life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jalice,
    I enjoyed interacting with you in my courses because you imparted great information. I know that you are empowered to do great things in the field of early childhood education! I wish you much success in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jalice,

    Great post!!!!!!I’ve watched you work hard in this class to achieve your goals. I know it hasn’t been easy, but you have succeeded admirably. I am proud of you, and I am proud to share many ideas and having you on my team as a colleagues. You are launching into a wonderful journey, fast your seat belt and drive with hope, faith and success. Good luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete