Sunday, January 19, 2014

A website I use often

I would like to share a website that has come in very, very handy for me over the years. 

http://www.zerotothree.org/

They are a non-profit organization that was started over 35 years ago. Their mission is to promote the health and development of infants and toddlers.


This week the newsletter had information on how to help children potty train. Included are parents and professionals inputs on the subject. Some describe their approaches to it so that a parent or teacher can find the best approach for the child. This was one specific issue discussed this week. There are always a variety of issues in each newsletter. I really enjoy reading the new scientific studies that come out. There is a section on the website that directly discusses the issue of diversity and how young children can benefit from this integration.  It is under the policy section which I find very helpful in how to help my local community and communities from across the country. 

2 comments:

  1. I used to be so wary of potty training - until I decided to let my children train themselves. They naturally do it at around age three, no stress, no fuss. It's a little bemusing to see so much literature on it . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree with you! Three is the age that most children "get it" and are more easily able to transition to it. Parents want to train them before they are ready so they don't have to pay for expensive diapers anymore but they are making it more difficult for themselves. Also, sometimes parents lack consistency which is especially key to helping children during this time. I like to share this resource for them so they understand the concept better. Thanks for your input!
      ~Jalice

      Delete