Sunday, July 13, 2014

Body Language


                   In this blog post, I am going to share my thoughts on body language. I am going to watch a show that I am not familiar with while it is muted and then discuss my thoughts on how they used body language and eye contact to communicate. I will try to guess what their conversations were about based on only what I saw from them.
                  I watched the show The Tudors and had only watched a few episodes before I did this assignment. I am familiar with this history but do not know much about King Henry’s wives. It was very interesting looking at the characters movements while the volume was muted. The show I watched was about halfway through the series. This episode showed their wedding so I know that they are husband and wife in this episode. King Henry and his Queen Anne of Cleves are in this episode the most. It is obvious through the kings’ facial expressions that he does not like his new wife. He looks mad at times and disinterested in her. Anne’s facial expressions and shaking hands show that she is very nervous and made me think that she is scared of him. Maybe she thinks he will kill her. Their marriage looks very strained and full of discontentment. The King also bangs a table as he is talking to a room full of men showing anger towards them it looks like. The men look down and do make much eye contact with the King.

                    For the second part of this assignment I watched the show with the volume on and got clarity on my assumptions. My assumptions were mostly correct.  They were very unhappy with each other. The King was not attracted to her for many reasons. She was too uneducated about him to know how to make him happy so that explains her nervousness. She was German and they only married to get political favor. He was lied to about how happy he would be with her and he lashes out at his assistants. I’m sure that my assumptions would have been more correct had I been more familiar with this show and its history.

No comments:

Post a Comment